How to apply
Applications are now closed. Be sure to have all of your materials ready so that you can submit the form in one session. When filling out the form you must provide:
- Personal contact information
- A 250-word personal statement explaining your preparation for this experience and its relevance to your career goals. We suggest drafting this offline and then cutting and pasting it into the form. You should list 3 CEBR REU Sponsor Faculty that you are most interested in working with.
- Unofficial Transcript(s) and CV– As part of the online application process you will need to upload .pdf files of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended as well as your personal CV. Please combine these as a single file and include your last name as the first word of the title. Please note that tentative offers of admission will be made based upon unofficial transcripts, but official transcripts will be required if admission to CEBR is offered and accepted.
- Email addresses for two professors or other mentors who are familiar with your academic abilities who will provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf. An email message will be automatically generated, asking your references to submit their letters.
Application Review Process
- All applications completed on or before February 14 will be reviewed before any offers are made. We strongly advise students to verify that their references submitted letters by February 14. We can not automatically verify reference submission.
- Once the program is full, usually in mid-March, we send rejection letters to students with complete applications.
- Most offers are made mid-March. Each offer is for a specific project, and the faculty mentor will discuss the details with the applicant. We usually give students a one-week deadline to accept or decline our offer.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about REU program and your application.