The Clean Energy Bridge to Research (CEBR) is a new REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) sponsored by the Clean Energy Institute and funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF 1559787). It supports a select group of undergraduates to participate in authentic research in solar, energy storage and grid technologies.
It’s goals are
- Encourage students to pursue STEM careers.
- Provide exposure to research at a hands-on level.
- Improve student knowledge about the nature of research including ambiguity, evolving understanding, and the open ended nature of research.
- Develop student inquiry skills including formulating research questions, experimental design, analysis, scientific communication, and envisioning future steps.
- Impart relevant, state of the art content in photovoltaics, energy storage and smart grids in the domains of physics, chemistry, materials science and electrical engineering.
More information and applications