The Center for Advanced Materials and Clean Energy Technologies (CAMCET) will be the world’s premier cleantech innovation hub. Its mission is to bring university research teams and corporate, government, and nonprofit partners together to accelerate solutions for a healthy planet. CAMCET will house space for research, learning, and cleantech prototyping, testing, and validating. It will also offer space for organizations aligned with UW’s clean energy innovation mission.
CAMCET will be located in Seattle in the University of Washington’s West Campus, an area that includes 3 million square feet of new development. West Campus is just south of the forthcoming U District Link Light Rail Station and within short walking distance of greenspace and the Portage Bay waterfront. This development is part of the UW Campus Master Plan (CMP).
In January 2018, the Washington State Legislature allocated $20M to UW to establish a world-class center for advanced materials and clean energy technologies.
The UW Campus Master Plan (CMP), which includes three million square feet of new development in UW’s West Campus, received approval from the Seattle City Council on December 10, 2018. CAMCET will be located in West Campus.
The UW Board of Regents will review CAMCET in 2019.
Estimated building size: 340,000 square feet
- Wet, dry, and computational lab space for advanced materials and clean energy research and training.
- Home to UW Clean Energy Institute
- Home to Pacific Northwest National Lab’s & UW’s Northwest Institute for Materials Physics, Chemistry, and Technology (NW IMPACT)
- Market-rate leasable research spaces
- Home to Washington Clean Energy Testbeds
- Startup lab modules and hot desks
- Market-rate leasable spaces
- Active learning spaces for students
- Seminar and meeting rooms
- Collaboration Spaces
- Venues for events, conferences, and K-12 and public outreach
- Planning: February 2016 – September 2019
- Design & Bidding: September 2019 – September 2020
- Construction: October 2020 – September 2022
- Completion & Closeout: September 2022 – February 2023
CAMCET Executive Director Kevin Klustner
email@example.com | (206) 669-2367
For more details, please see: