Diversity in Clean Energy (DICE) is a student-led organization focused on diversity and equal opportunity in clean tech. DICE facilitates connections between students and professionals in cleantech by holding EnergyHour meetings with industry speakers once a month and by hosting career talks over coffee with Clean Energy Institute seminar speakers.
Read more about the DICE Charter.
Sign up for the list-serv for meeting announcements and future events!
- Lead Officer: Wesley Tatum (email@example.com)
- CEI Liaison: Wylie Kau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Communications Lead: Jon Onorato (email@example.com)
- EnergyHour Lead: Parker Somerville (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Career Coffee Lead: Amy Mayhugh (email@example.com)
Prof. Christine Luscombe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 10/2 – EnergyHour with Stephanie Gowing – Green Business Advocate for the City of Seattle, Tracy Morgenstern – Climate Policy Advisor for the City of Seattle, Kelly Rula – New Mobility, Climate, and Urban Freight at SDOT, and Irina Rasputnis – Lighting Design Lab (LDL) Executive Director. 12:00 – 1:00 PM, MolES 115.
- 10/18 – DICE Networking Night 2018. 6:00-8:00 PM, Nano Engineering & Sciences Building Lobby. Register Now
- 10/30 – Career Coffee with Linda Cadwell. 11:00-12:00 PM, MolES 315.
- 11/1 – Career Coffee with Brian Johnson. 10:3o-11:30 AM, MolES 115.
- 11/6 – EnergyHour with Vanessa Miler-Fels – Renewable Energy & Sustainability Strategist at Microsoft. 12:00 – 1:00 PM, MolES 115.
- 11/29 – Career Coffee with Professor Neal Armstrong – University of Arizona. 10:30 – 11:30 AM, MolES 115.
- 12/4 – EnergyHour with Rachel Brombaugh – Executive Energy Policy and Partnerships Specialist at King County. 12:00 – 1:00 PM, MolES 115.
- 12/6 – Career Coffee with Professor Tobais Hanrath – Cornell. 10:30 – 11:30 AM, MolES 115.
- Professional Development Series (4 parts) with Jen Barnes (OneEnergy Renewables) and Dr. Malin Young (PNNL)
- Student Panel from the Institute for Science and Math Education (ISME) 3-4
- Introduce a Girl to Photonics
- Strengthening STEM through Diversity
- DiCE Networking Night
Past Invited Speakers
- Mikhaila Gonzales – SparkNorthwest
- Carol Weis – Remote Energy
- Tyler O’Farrell – Puget Sound Energy
- Renee Gastineau, Becca Gillespie, & Kathryn Oseen-Senda – UniEnergy Technologies
- Kristin Martinez, Jennifer Barnes, Gia Clark – OneEnergy Renewables
- Alex Byrne- DNV GL
- Jeanette Fiess – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Morgan Mielenz & Nitin Manchanda – Energy Hippo
- Chloe Fabien – Modern Electron
- Sarah Fredrick, Senior Research Scientist – EnerG2
- Dawn Lehman – UW Professor
- Eve Riskin – Associate Dean of Diversity and Access in the College of Engineering
- Dirk Weiss – First Solar
- Renee Gastineau – CEI
- Prof. Christine Luscombe – University of Washington
- Dr. Jessica Koehne – NASA Ames Research Center
- Melanie Roberts – Former AAAS Fellow
- Prof. Kameshwar Poolla – UC Berkeley
- Stephanie Celt and Sameer Ranade – BlueGreen Alliance
- Prof. Tom Meyer – UNC
- Prof. Dan Steingart – Princeton
- Prof. Michael McGehee – Stanford
- Kristine Parra – University of Washington
- Prof. Donna Nelson – University of Oklahoma
- Prof. Malika Jeffries-El – Boston University
- Prof. Jean-Luc Bredas – Georgia Tech
- Takayuki Homma – Waseda University
- Prof. Lynn Loo, Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment
- Prof. Ian Dobson – Iowa State University
- Dr. Jennifer Garbi – ARPA-E
- Prof. Elsa Reichmanis – Georgia Institute of Technology