Diversity in Clean Energy (DICE) is a student-led organization focused on diversity and equal opportunity in clean tech. DICE facilitates connections between students and professionals in cleantech by holding brown bag lunch meetings with industry speakers once a month and by hosting career talks over coffee with Clean Energy Institute seminar speakers.
Read more about the DICE Charter.
Sign up for the list-serv for meeting announcements and future events!
- Lead Officer: Wesley Tatum (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CEI Liaison: Wylie Kau (email@example.com)
- Communications Officer: Jon Onorato (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- EnergyHour Lead: Parker Somerville (email@example.com)
- Career Coffee Lead: Amy Mayhugh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prof. Christine Luscombe (email@example.com)
- 4/3 – Energy Hour with Anna Edwards from Doosan GridTech, 12:00 – 1:00 PM, MolES 115.
- 4/12 – Career Coffee with Dr. Johanna Wolfson, Principal at the Prime Impact Fund, 3:00 – 3:50 AM, MolES 315.
- 4/17 – Career Coffee with Professor Lynn Loo, Director of Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, 9:00 – 10:00 AM, MolES 115.
- 4/17 – DiCE Community Lunch, 12:00 – 1:00 PM, MolES 115.
- 4/17 – Molecular Engineering and Sciences Seminar with Dice Hosted Speaker Lynn Loo, Princeton University, 1:00 – 2:00 PM, NanoES 181.
- 4/26 – Career Coffee with Professor Ian Dobson, Iowa State University, 10:30 – 11:30 AM, MolES 315.
- 5/2 – Career Coffee with Dr. Jennifer Garbi, Program Director of ARPA- E, 10:00 – 11:00 AM, MolES 315, Hosted with UW WCS.
- 5/3 – Career Coffee with Prof. Elsa Reichmanis, Georgia Institute of Technology, 10:30 -11:30 AM, MolES 315.
- 5/3 – Clean Energy Institute Seminar with DiCE Hosted Speaker Prof. Elsa Reichmanis, Georgia Institute of Technology, 4:00 – 5:00 PM, NanoES 181.
- 5/15 – DiCE Community Lunch, 12:00 – 1:00 PM, MolES 115.
- 5/22 – General Meeting, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM, MolES 115.
- 5/24 – Transitioning to Clean Energy Careers Industry Panels and Networking, 4:00 – 8:00 PM, NanoES 181, Co Hosted with the Electrochemical Society.
- 6/5 – Energy Hour with Laura McCarty, Organized Energy Markets and Energy Trading Risk Management Strategic Advisor and Project Manager, 12:0o PM – 1:00 PM, MolES 115.
- Professional Development Series (4 parts) with Jen Barnes (OneEnergy Renewables) and Dr. Malin Young (PNNL)
- Student Panel from the Institute for Science and Math Education (ISME) 3-4
- Introduce a Girl to Photonics
- Strengthening STEM through Diversity
- DiCE Networking Night
Past Invited Speakers
- Mikhaila Gonzales – SparkNorthwest
- Carol Weis – Remote Energy
- Tyler O’Farrell – Puget Sound Energy
- Renee Gastineau, Becca Gillespie, & Kathryn Oseen-Senda – UniEnergy Technologies
- Kristin Martinez, Jennifer Barnes, Gia Clark – OneEnergy Renewables
- Alex Byrne- DNV GL
- Jeanette Fiess – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Morgan Mielenz & Nitin Manchanda – Energy Hippo
- Chloe Fabien – Modern Electron
- Sarah Fredrick, Senior Research Scientist – EnerG2
- Dawn Lehman – UW Professor
- Eve Riskin – Associate Dean of Diversity and Access in the College of Engineering
- Dirk Weiss – First Solar
- Renee Gastineau – CEI
- Prof. Christine Luscombe – University of Washington
- Dr. Jessica Koehne – NASA Ames Research Center
- Melanie Roberts – Former AAAS Fellow
- Prof. Kameshwar Poolla – UC Berkeley
- Stephanie Celt and Sameer Ranade – BlueGreen Alliance
- Prof. Tom Meyer – UNC
- Prof. Dan Steingart – Princeton
- Prof. Michael McGehee – Stanford
- Kristine Parra – University of Washington
- Prof. Donna Nelson – University of Oklahoma
- Prof. Malika Jeffries-El – Boston University
- Prof. Jean-Luc Bredas – Georgia Tech
- Takayuki Homma – Waseda University