The Clean Energy Institute has developed detailed lesson plans for teaching Next Generation Science Standard-aligned content at the elementary, middle, and high school level. Participants in our Research Experience for Teachers program have also developed clean energy lab courses for undergraduate students. Activities range from quick demos to multi-day investigations and supporting teaching units.
Science Highlights Readings
Download introductory readings on today’s clean energy topics, highlighted in our educators newsletter. The readings include comprehension and vocabulary questions.
Clean Energy Learning Links
- CEI Graduate Fellows Products of Lasting Value
- CEI Clean Energy Explorer
- NREL Renewable Energy Science Projects
- NOVA Energy Lab
- Energy Lab Overview
- Science Buddies Energy and Power Science Fair Projects
- Stabilization Wedges Game from Princeton
- Electricity Production Calculator from USC
- Science Enthusiasts from Materials Research Society
- National Energy Education Development Project
- Green Learning Canada
Become a School Partner
CEI is committed to making deeper impacts in a small number of laboratory schools. CEI provides loaner equipment and supplies to lab schools while the schools help test curriculum materials. Schools establish an ongoing mentor relationship with a CEI Fellow. These project-based learning units can be integrated into physics, mathematics, and career and technical education (CTE) classrooms. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to explore becoming a CEI laboratory school.