Salary & Appointment
Washington Research Foundation Innovation Fellows in Clean Energy will receive a salary of $65,000 plus benefits, and a research stipend of $10,000 that can be used for supplies, travel, equipment, and other research costs at their discretion. Initial appointment is for one year, with expected renewal for second year given satisfactory progress.
Nominations & Mentorship
Prospective fellows should identify a UW faculty member (or collaborating group of UW faculty) to serve as a local nominator of the project. Prospective fellows are encouraged to consult the list of CEI Member Faculty for assistance in contacting a local nominator, though nominations from any UW faculty member will be accepted.
If you do not already have an established relationship with a UW/CEI faculty member, we encourage you to provide your CV and a brief statement of your CEI-related interests and fit with the their research group when you contact him or her to facilitate the discussion about the position.
Washington Research Foundation Innovation Fellows in Clean Energy should have an outstanding record of scientific achievement, and must have received their PhD degree by the time they begin their fellowship appointment.
Evaluation criteria for candidates are:
- Record of research and other professional and academic accomplishments including both research publication and technology commercialization as appropriate to their field.
- Quality of the proposed research plan and potential to transform future clean energy technology in the CEI focus areas (advanced materials for solar energy, advanced materials for energy storage, and grid systems and integration technology).
Candidates should complete the online application form that includes the following:
Applicant contact information
Single PDF that includes:
- A 1-page statement of research accomplishments.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A 1-2 paragraph letter from the prospective mentor, confirming their commitment to sponsor the candidate by providing 1/3 of the cost of salary and benefits.
- A 1-page summary of the proposed research project to be prepared by the fellow. Prospective fellows are encouraged to solicit advice from their faculty nominator.
Contact information for 3 letters of reference.
Referees will be automatically contacted and reminded to send their recommendation letters electronically to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to contact their referees ahead of time as well.
Applications are accepted annually with due date on January 15.
Consult the FAQ.