The mission of the Clean Energy Institute is to accelerate the adoption of a clean energy future by advancing next generation solar energy and electrical energy storage materials, devices and systems, as well as their integration with the grid. The CEI seeks to accomplish this mission by creating the ideas and forming the people needed to generate these innovations, while facilitating the pathways to bring them to market.
Our goals include:
- establishing distinctive education and research training programs that create future innovators in clean energy;
- creating shared facilities and knowledge that are a regional resource for research and translation to the marketplace;
- fostering synergies and partnerships that grow our international visibility and prominence in clean energy research, education, and technology translation;
- recruiting top students, post doctorates and faculty to campus;
- leveraging CEI resources to significantly increase the scope, impact, and funding of UW research and education activities in clean energy.